Monitor Power Consumption
As energy costs account for huge chunk of data center operating cost, reducing energy consumption and costs is the primary concern of data centers operators worldwide. Lack of complete view of energy usage throughout the data center infrastructure hinders green initiatives.
WebNMS DCIM helps data center operators to protect the planet while saving potentially millions by reducing energy consumption, energy costs, and carbon footprint. Series of sensors installed across the data center ensures that all the equipment is operating within the optimum temperature range.
- Know your real time power consumption at every point in power chain
- Eliminate stranded power
- Monitor room Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Precise control of air flow across the racks and rows increases energy savings
- Identify energy consumption trends
WebNMS DCIM enables operators to create a customized dashboard with easy drag and drop to monitor power consumption, server utilization, battery utilization, PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness), and DCIE (Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency).
Track Asset Information
With the WebNMS DCIM data center operators can manage entire asset in a single repository. They can have greater command-and-control over IT and physical assets, optimizing the utilization of assets throughout their lifecycles, from acquisition to decommissioning, and holding vital knowledge at the fingertips.
WebNMS DCIM maintains a tight control over assets, identifies underperforming server, and averts inefficiency created by server and application downtime.
- View complete inventory of all data center assets including floor PDUs, UPS, servers, network switches, CRACs units, and more
- Availability management: Proactively identify the effect of failures and maintenance outages on data center service levels.
Intelligent Alerting & Automation
More management systems in the data center mean more alerts. WebNMS DCIM solution cuts through this noise – as alarms are classified and prioritized during implementation.
Centralized system allows for a faster, more efficient response to system problems. Strategically located sensors detect rack conditions to prevent against threats including malicious or accidental tampering, smoke, temperature, fire, and leak. WebNMS DCIM also monitors the health of battery and alerts on preventive maintenance and replacement. Capacity related alerts are escalated when there is a reduction in available cooling or power capacity at the row, rack, or room level. Sensors integrated to security system raises alert during security breach or any unauthorized access into data center.
- Automation. Say goodbye to manual audits. Automate the scheduling and execution of infrastructure service requests, eliminating repetitive tasks and speeding time-to-delivery.
- Automate routine events. For instance, automatically increasing the airflow within a certain set of racks due to sudden spike in CPU temperatures.
- Risk management: As data centers are daunted with more and more regulations compliance such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, PCI DSS, or other compliance standards. Data center managers need to focus on best practices to meet risk management.
Big Data & Analytics
As the amount of data generated continues to skyrocket, WebNMS Big Data module unlocks business value and enables effective planning. WebNMS DCIM coupled with in-depth analytical tools puts wealth of raw data from IT and passive assets into performance microscope.
Unified and granular view of numerous data center information empowers DC managers with necessary information they need for effective decision-making.
The absence of visibility across IT and facilities systems and the wide fluctuations in demand that occur in many data centers, has eroded the transparency between business requirements and data center capacity.
WebNMS DCIM creates a precise picture of infrastructure that helps data center operators to forecast future capacity requirement and provisions to support tomorrow’s business initiatives. Understanding the interoperability of space, power, and cooling is critical to suggest configuration changes and to make more informed business decisions. Cooling management system enables to manage temperature, humidity, and airflow in row, rack and room level. WebNMS DCIM helps data center managers to confront questions such as.
- Can I deploy blade servers using my existing power and cooling capacity?
- From a power and cooling perspective, which is the optimum location to deploy the proposed IT equipment?
- Monitor room Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Where should I place my next server?
- Can I install new equipment without overloading existing hardware?