WebNMS Framework 4.7.0 Service Pack 4 is an update on WebNMS Framework 4.7.0 release. It is a cumulative pack which includes bug
fixes, enhancements, and new features done over WebNMS Framework
4.7.0. This Service Pack 4 (SP 4) is available since June 18, 2010.
This Service Pack is also compatible over WebNMS Framework 4.5.0 + Service
Pack 1 of WebNMS Framework 4.5.0.
Pre-requisites for installation
- If you have downloaded WebNMS Framework 4.7.0, and want to
upgrade to the latest, then apply SP4 directly.
- If you have downloaded any earlier versions of WebNMS Framework (i.e., WebNMS Framework 2.3 to WebNMS Framework 4.5.0), contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for download details of the previous service packs.
Following documents provide more details on this service pack:
Download Service Pack 4 (SP 4) From Here
Key Notes on Service Pack 4
- A Consolidated PPM is made available for this Service Pack.
- It can be used for all the three supported platform installations,
i.e., Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- It can be used for all the three types of installations,
i.e., Combined (BE+FE+Client), FE, Application Client, and
WebNMS Framework RME (Central Server and Distributed Mediation Server).
- It can also be installed over Japanese and Chinese versions
of WebNMS Framework.
- The configuration files update (using ConfigurationUpdater.bat/sh)
and the compilation of JSP files (using compileJSP.bat/sh) processes
are invoked automatically by the Update Manager, making the update
process much simpler.
- Changes done by you in the Configuration files are retained
during Service Packs. The Service Pack update process ensures
that it maintains the customization that have been done in the
Configuration files. In case of any modification in the Configuration
file by WebNMS Framework during a Service Pack, it is taken care that
the changes are appended to your existing Configuration files
and not overwritten.
- Source files bundled with the product namely JSPs, Servlets,
Example (.java) files, and default implementations (.java files)
are overwritten. In case you have modified any of those, then
you need to merge the changes with the ones done for the Service
Pack. If you want to know the exact changes done for the Service
Pack, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Before installing the service pack, ensure to uninstall the
Studio NARs that you have installed (if any).
- If your application uses HTML UI, update the database with the
latest entries of Tree.xml (present in <WebNMS Framework Home>/html/defaultsToNewUsers
directory or <WebNMS Framework Home>/users directory>)
using DBXmlTool.bat/sh present in <WebNMS Framework Home>/bin
directory. This is to ensure that the enhanced
pages of web client are displayed in your browser.