WebNMS to Showcase Lifecycle Service Orchestration for Service Providers to Quickly Provision, Launch and Manage Dynamic Services
November 10, 2015
Metrofibre Networx Use of Symphony Orchestration Platform Highlighted at GEN15
- Proof of Concept shows multi-vendor Lifecycle Service Orchestration
- Company director addresses competitive differentiation and scaling NFV/SDN on panel discussions
- Platform integrated with OpenStack SDN controller and commercial big data framework
PLEASANTON, Calif. and DALLAS - November 10, 2015 - WebNMS, a leading provider of scalable software platforms for multi-vendor network management and IoT solutions, will showcase its solution for Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) of Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services on existing Ethernet, IP/MPLS and SDN networks at MEF GEN15. The event, being held November 16-19, 2015, at the Omni Hotel in Dallas, will gather industry thought leaders and decision makers from across the provider community, many of whom see service orchestration as critical to their profitability.
Click to tweet this news.
At MEF GEN15, WebNMS is highlighting their multi-vendor Lifecycle Service Orchestration solution for MEF-defined Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services. The WebNMS Symphony Orchestration Platform consolidates and automates the complete lifecycle of service management, enabling the efficient delivery of on-demand, elastic services.
The Symphony platform supports a wide variety of use cases. At the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) conference, WebNMS will focus on LSO, showing MEF-defined services, use cases and best practice workflows across multi-vendor, Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 networks. These capabilities are prerequisites for provider orchestration of complex services across existing CE and SDN networks, enabling the effective integration of NFV solutions.
"MEF GEN15 is a terrific venue for WebNMS to showcase our powerful solutions that support dynamic network services and streamline operations," said Darryl Stork, regional director of WebNMS. "Our service provider customers, like Metrofibre in South Africa, are automating their existing service operations following the MEF’s LSO principles for Carrier Ethernet. The proof of concept with Omnitron and Veryx will illustrate how to chain CE and OpenStack SDN services. This movement toward service automation will have tremendous upside for IT managers."
WebNMS at MEF GEN15
At MEF GEN15, gold sponsor WebNMS is exhibiting its networking product portfolio, including CE, MPLS, SDN and NFV solutions. Key activities include:
At the MEF GEN15 Proof of Concept Showcase, WebNMS will orchestrate a live, multi-vendor WAN and SDN-enabled data center network, built through close collaboration with industry partners Omnitron Systems, a leading provider of connectivity products, and Veryx, a global leader in telecom test and monitoring solutions. On this network, WebNMS orchestrates the fulfillment of dynamic requests for assured services through a customer portal, with automated end-to-end service provisioning and remote automated service activation and testing. The PoC will also integrate the KulCloud PRISM SDN controller that extends the service chain into an OpenStack cloud.
At Booth 217, WebNMS is exhibiting its complete set of networking products, including the Symphony Orchestration Platform, the first open solution to combine unified multi-vendor network management, service management applications and a flexible software framework for lifecycle automation.
Darryl Stork will contribute to two industry panels to discuss important trends and describe a use case by Metrofibre Networx, the founding MEF member in Africa.
- Tuesday, November 17, at 3:15 p.m. - How Service Providers Can Achieve Competitive Differentiation by Leveraging LSO to Deliver CE 2.0 and Third Network Services
- Wednesday, November 18, at 3:00 p.m. - Wednesday, November 18, at 3:00 p.m. - Perspectives - Managing and Scaling NFV and SDN Rollouts
More details are available at http://www.gen15.com/index.php/Agenda/gen15-main-conference-program.html.
WebNMS Orchestrates Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Services with OpenStack SDN Services
At MEF GEN15, WebNMS is highlighting LSO solutions for MEF-defined Carrier Ethernet 2.0 services. The orchestration solution unifies management and enhances key network and service orchestration capabilities within an SDN-ready platform. Key capabilities shown include:
- Unified multi-vendor network management: WebNMS unifies multi-vendor network and service management across all operational functions and layers to enable end-to-end automation.
- LSO capabilities extended over OpenStack SDN service networks: The Symphony Orchestration Platform extends LSO automation from existing WANs over data center clouds built on the OpenStack architecture.
- Enhanced fidelity of performance monitoring: Symphony orchestration provides granular and accurate performance data from the network, giving both operators and customers trusted insight they need to manage their services.
- Operator visualization portals with intuitive 3D views and dashboards: WebNMS orchestration gives network operators highly customizable displays for all aspects of their work flows, including monitoring, troubleshooting and customer support.
- Integrations with open source and commercial big data frameworks: Using its integrated big data adapter, WebNMS has integrated Symphony with open source Apache Hadoop and Cloudera Enterprise, the world’s leading enterprise-grade Hadoop solution.
For more information on WebNMS, please visit https://www.webnms.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.webnms.com, on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/webnms and on Twitter @WebNMSTech.
With a target audience exceeding 1,250 attendees from 325+ companies, GEN15 is the must-attend annual networking event for executives and other senior professionals involved in the combined Carrier Ethernet + Third Network services & technology ecosystem. GEN15 will bring together a global array of Carrier Ethernet, LSO, SDN, NFV, and Cloud expert speakers from around the world to contribute to the event’s program and networking opportunities. Event content and peer-to-peer networking opportunities are designed to appeal to experts from retail, wholesale, and mobile service providers; cloud service providers; mid to large businesses; government & defense organizations; network solutions vendors; the press; analyst firms; investment firms; and others.
GEN15 will encompass industry-leading keynote speakers, educational roundtables, and panels with dedicated tracks for enterprise end-users; retail, wholesale, mobile, and cloud service providers; and others. This year’s event includes a special Enterprise Day in conjunction with our partner Network Computing as well as the addition of a groundbreaking LSO Hackathon sponsored by Cisco DevNet. We also are expanding popular elements of last year’s program, including the MEF Certified Professionals Convention, Verizon Partner Conference, the Proof of Concept Service & Technology Showcase, Global Media Hub, and MEF Excellence Awards program that recognizes outstanding service, technology, and professional leadership and innovation. See http://www.gen15.com/ for details.
WebNMS, the service provider software division of Zoho Corporation, specializes in solutions for multi-vendor network management, service orchestration and IoT/M2M applications. WebNMS markets these solutions as flexible, extensible platforms to network service providers, managed service providers and network equipment vendors. For example, with more than 25,000 deployments across the globe, their flagship WebNMS Framework is the world’s first choice for scalable and reliable multi-vendor management. For more information about WebNMS, please visit https://www.webnms.com/.
TECHMarket Communications for WebNMS