WebNMS Framework 5.0 Service Pack 1 is an update on WebNMS Framework 5.0 release. This service pack includes new features, enhancements, and bug fixes done over WebNMS Framework 5.0. This Service Pack 1 (SP 1) is available since March 4, 2010.
Pre-requisites for installation
- If you have downloaded and installed WebNMS Framework 5.0, and want to upgrade to the latest, then apply SP1 directly.
Following documents provide more details on this service pack:
Download Service Pack 1 (SP 1) From Here
Service Pack 1
Available since March 4, 2010
Key Notes on Service Pack 1
- A Consolidated PPM is made available for this Service Pack.
- It can be used for all the three supported platform installations, i.e., Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- It can be used for all the three types of installations, i.e., Combined (BE+FE+Client), FE, and Application Client.
- It can also be installed over Japanese and Chinese versions of WebNMS Framework.
- The configuration files update (using ConfigurationUpdater.bat/sh) and the compilation of JSP files (using compileJSP.bat/sh) processes are invoked automatically by the Update Manager, making the update process much simpler.
- Changes done by you in the Configuration files are retained during Service Packs. The Service Pack update process ensures that it maintains the customization that have been done in the Configuration files. In case of any modification in the Configuration file by WebNMS Framework during a Service Pack, it is taken care that the changes are appended to your existing Configuration files and not overwritten.
- Source files bundled with the product namely JSPs, Servlets, Example (.java) files, and default implementations (.java files) are overwritten. In case you have modified any of those, then you need to merge the changes with the ones done for the Service Pack. If you want to know the exact changes done for the Service Pack, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before installing the service pack, ensure to uninstall the Eclipse NARs that you have installed (if any).
- If your application uses HTML UI, update the database with the latest entries of Tree.xml (present in /html/defaultsToNewUsers directory or /users directory>) using DBXmlTool.bat/sh present in /bin directory. This is to ensure that the enhanced pages of web client are displayed in your browser.