WebNMS SNMP API Android Edition
WebNMS SNMP API Android Edition offers a lightweight Java library to build SNMP-based network management applications for android powered devices.
It can be used for monitoring and tracking network elements that are reliable and scalable.
The lightweight Java SNMP library provides off-the-shelf components for trap and table handling along with basic SNMP operations, such as SNMP GET, SNMP GETNEXT, SNMP GETBULK, and SNMP SET.
These components enable simple development of SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3 management applications for android devices
The SNMP management application (manager) built using the Java-based SNMP API can receive SNMP traps, which can be processed based on predefined criteria for effective SNMP management.
Key Features of WebNMS SNMP API Android Edition
- Simple: Add our AdventnetSnmp.jar to your android project and start developing the application.
- Multi-lingual support: Complete support for SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3.
- SNMPv3 security: Support for HMAC-SHA-96, HMAC-MD5-96, CBC-DES, CBC-3DES, CFB-AES-128, CFB-AES-192, CFB-AES-256 bit encryption.
- MIB Loading: Option to load MIB definitions from a pre-compiled file or a Serialized file to boost the performance.
- IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) support: Provides connectivity with IPv6 and IPv4 based devices.
- SNMP Broadcasting: Broadcasts snmp packets across the network to auto-discover snmp devices in the network.